Important information regarding SPHS graduation plans, caps and gowns
The South Panola High School Class of 2020 virtual graduation ceremony will be aired on Saturday, May 23 at 10 a.m. The ceremony will be posted on SPSD social media websites and SPtigerden.com.
For those who cannot tune in at 10, the video may be viewed any time afterward.
Following the 10 a.m. ceremony, all SPHS seniors will be declared graduates.
In an effort to further commemorate this milestone, SPHS is offering an option of an in-person graduation ceremony to our seniors in July. Participation in the July ceremony, whether it be Plan A or Plan B, is optional. The South Panola School District will announce which plan will be in place in accordance with the most updated CDC/federal/state/local guidelines.
Caps and gowns will be available for pick up/payment on May 21 or 22 at SPHS. However, those wishing to obtain/pay for their cap and gown after a plan is confirmed between the two graduation options may do so on June 25 or 26 at SPHS.
The South Panola School District wanted parents/graduates to be aware of the two optional plans before cap and gown rental fees are paid (as the fees are non-refundable). The rental cost of the caps and gowns is $90 per student.
An in-person, traditional graduation ceremony will be held on July 11 at 10 a.m., at the Batesville Civic Center, pending CDC/federal/state/local guidelines and orders in regards to COVID-19. Practice for the graduation ceremony will be held on July 10 at 11 a.m., at the Batesville Civic Center.
Plan B (If Plan A is not permitted)
An individual graduation ceremony for each student will take place over two days, July 10-11, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., each day in the SPHS gym. The individual graduation ceremony pre-recorded shots will be pieced together and aired on the district’s social media pages and websites.
How it will work
- Student names will be called out and students will be able to walk across the stage to receive their diploma while being filmed and photographed.
- Students may bring five guests to SPHS to view their walk, and only one student/family will be allowed in the gym at a time.
- Each student will have a scheduled time to take part in the ceremony.
- Students and their five guests must be at SPHS 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time. Students should check-in upon arrival at the front office at SPHS. Students and their guests must enter together. Everyone must be wearing a mask to enter the building.
- More details will be forthcoming with arrangements for student time slots and other information.