Reminders for start of 2019-20 school year
As the South Panola School District welcomes students for the first day of class on Aug. 7, please take a look at the following items to ensure a successful start to the 2019-20 school year.
Open house dates
Batesville Intermediate School
Aug. 5 – 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Batesville Elementary School
Aug. 5 – 5-6 p.m.
Batesville Middle School
Aug. 5 – 5-6 p.m.
Aug. 5 – 6-7 p.m.
Batesville Junior High School
Aug. 6 – 4-5:30 p.m.
South Panola High School
Aug. 13 - 4:30-6 p.m.
- A list of school supplies may be found by clicking here and opening the link in a new window.
- Free and reduced lunch applications are being accepted, for more information click here to open the link in a new window.
- South Panola High School will host a Freshman Academy on July 30. Click here to open the link in a new window.
- Batesville Junior High School will hold orientations beginning July 29. Click here to open the link in a new window.
- The District strives to keep parents, students, teachers and the community informed on all events and activities pertaining to SPSD through our district, school and teacher websites, as well as the district Facebook pages, mobile app and Active Parent. Explore these means of communication to stay up to date on all the happenings within the South Panola School District.
- We urge motorists who take part in car rider pick-up/drop-off to take extra caution when dealing with safety in car-rider lines. Young students walk near these vehicles and we ask that you keep your automobile in park while in line, wait for entrance/exiting signals from teachers on duty and be vigilant with your attention.
- For bus riders, we ask for parents and students to be patient during the first days of school as the drivers and students become accustomed to the route and its stops. As the school year progresses, our bus drivers will be on a more defined schedule picking up students and dropping them off during the morning and afternoon.