I am Alana Fairley and this is my 4th year as Pope School's counselor. Before becoming a counselor, I spent 8 years teaching kindergarten, first, and second grade. I graduated with my Master's in School Counseling in May of 2016 and a Specialist's in Play Therapy in July of 2017. As a school counselor I support students academically, socially, and emotionally. I'm also here to support staff and parents. Please reach out to me with anything you need.
The Mission of the School District Counseling Program is to provide a quantifiable, comprehensive, developmental counseling curriculum, addressing the individual academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. In a global environment, we expect all students to be productive members of the community, and to that end, the School District Counseling Services program will identify and remediate barriers to learning, thereby creating success for all students.
- Counsels individually with students in brief sessions
- Teaches monthly guidance lessons in classrooms
- Conducts small group counseling sessions
- Consults with parents and families regarding concerns
- Consults with teachers
- Provides information on community resources for families
- Provides support during person crisis
- Promotes positive and safe school climate
- Is a Visible, Proactive, Support for All Staff and Students