Vision and Mission
The vision of the South Panola School District and Batesville Elementary School (BES) is Providing Opportunities for Educational Excellence for All Students. We strive to accomplish this by creating environments within our school that are conducive to the success of all students. BES is dedicated to helping students achieve their potential and become self-directed lifelong learners. We are making a difference with purpose, passion and pride!
At Batesville Elementary School, we believe that education is the foundation for lifelong learning and for becoming productive members of the local and global communities. BES promotes democratic ideals and civic values that help children excel not only within classrooms but in the world beyond classrooms. BES’s philosophy includes the belief that all children have the ability to learn and become intrinsically motivated. Our school is a busy place as evident through the student’s interactions and working together while building relationships and developing as readers, writers and thinkers. By involving parents, faculty and stakeholders in shared decision making, we constantly strive to create an educational environment that is safe, productive, challenging, participatory and highly motivating. Staff members are committed to “providing opportunities for educational excellence” for all students while addressing academic, social, physical, emotional and cultural needs.
- Student success is the major focus.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Teaching each child the way he/she learns best is essential.
- High expectations for student achievement guide curriculum development and instruction.
- A safe and orderly environment promotes an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- All stakeholders share the responsibility for advancing the vision and mission of the school community.