The South Panola School District's Office of Federal Programs supports quality education, providing effective supplemental programs and services which advance federal, state, district, and school-level educational goals.
Title I, Part A - Improving Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
Individual public schools with poverty rates above 40% may use Title I funds, along with other Federal, State, and local funds, to operate a "schoolwide program" to upgrade the instructional program for the whole school. South Panola operates schoolwide programs in order to benefit a larger student population.
The purpose of these funds is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
Title I, Part A-Basic funds generally provide for:
- smaller classes or special instructional spaces
- additional teachers and aides
- opportunities for professional development for school staff
- extra time for teaching Title I students the skills they need
- a variety of supplementary teaching methods
- additional teaching materials which supplement core instruction
Title I Schoolwide Schools:
- Batesville Elementary School
- Batesville Intermediate School
- Batesville Middle School
- Batesville Jr. High School
- South Panola High School
- Pope Schools
Director of Federal Programs
209 Boothe Street, Batesville, MS