• Proofs of residence must be presented to your child’s school in order to finalize the registration process. . Proofs must be in the parent/guardian’s name. Residency must be filed yearly and with each child living inside the South Panola School District


    Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of students enrolled or seeking to enroll must provide this district with at least two of the items (a) through (k) below as verification of their address, except that a document with a post office box as an address will not be accepted.


    a.       Filed Homestead Exemption Application Form

    b.       Mortgage Documents or property deed

    c.       Apartment or home lease

    d.      Utility Bills

    e.       Voter Precinct Identification Card

    f.        Automobile registration

    g.       Affidavit of Residency

    h.       Driver’s License

    i.        Cellphone Bill or Telephone Bill

    j.        Any other documentation that will objectively and unequivocally establish that the parent or guardian resides within the school district

    k.       Certified copy of filed petition for guardianship if pending and final decree when granted


    In addition to the residency proofs, Parents/Legal Guardians of students entering South Panola Schools for the first time will have to provide:


    a.  Student's final report card and a transcript of courses completed if the student is in high school

    b.  Certified Birth Certificate

    c.  Record of Immunizations transferred to a Mississippi 121 Form (Can be obtained from the Health Department)

    d.  Students from schools or programs (including correspondence, tutorial, or home study) that are not accredited by a state or regional agency must undergo standardized achievement tests and/or teacher-made special tests to determine; (1) the grade level to which the elementary transfer student should be assigned or (2) the number and validity of the Carnegie units the secondary transfer student has earned.



    Please Note: If any of the requested proofs of residency are not available for any reason, a separate affidavit must be completed, notarized, and presented to the school. The affidavit must be accompanied by separate alternative proofs deemed acceptable. Failure to complete these requirements prior to the date assigned by the administration of the district will result in your child not being issued a schedule or assigned a teacher.




    Enrollment Requirements

    Terminology:  Parent – Biological or adoptive parent

    Guardian – Legal guardian as documented through court proceeding Custodian – Appointed by a court or governmental agency


    A biological or adoptive parent may enroll a child with two (2) proofs of residency for the SPSD. If a custody agreement exists from a divorce, only the custodial parent may enroll the student. In the case of parenthood with no marriage or custody agreement in which both parents are listed on the birth certificate, each has parental rights to enroll a child.


    A legal guardian of a child is only recognized when a court order exists naming the guardian for the minor child.  Notarized personal statements are not legal guardian documents.


    A person may register a child if he/she has been appointed the custodian of a child by a court or governmental agency. Custodial arrangements will be considered involving parent(s) who are deployed for military service.


    The overlying goal is to make sure that there is a responsible adult with authority concerning the welfare of children in the South Panola School District.


    Any questions regarding residency situations should be forwarded to the Department of Personnel and Pupil Services at the district office.