Batesville Middle School is a public, upper elementary school. The building was constructed in 1973 with an additional wing added in 1981. The enrollment of approximately 600 students benefits from accommodations that include 12 fourth-grade classrooms, 11 fifth-grade classrooms, two high-tech computer labs, a music/art classroom, an on-campus playground, and a gym/cafeteria. Additional programs and activities offered at BMS include the following: Merit class, Library, P.E., School Yearbook, School Spelling Bee, Reading Fair, Reading Renaissance, and DARE (for 5th grade).
Educational Philosophy/Mission Statement
The mission of the South Panola School District and Batesville Middle School is to provide opportunities for educational excellence for all students.
We believe that the purpose of education is to provide all students with the basic skills, habits, values, and attitudes necessary to exercise their civic responsibilities more effectively in our democratic society; to increase their economic potential in industry, the professions, or other vocational endeavors; and to improve the quality of life available to them.
We strive to provide a variety of teaching methods, so each child might develop a healthy self-concept and be prepared to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
To accomplish the above, the district sets forth these objectives:
- To provide a safe, orderly environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- To recognize and serve individual intellectual differences.
- To guide each child in developing skills and attitudes conducive to self-fulfillment and social responsibility.
- To cultivate moral and ethical values by teaching courtesy, cooperation, fairness, honesty and good citizenship.
- To promote the democratic way of life and its responsibilities in the home, school and community.
- To emphasize the importance of physical development through personal health, hygiene and self-discipline.
I. Increase student achievement through rigorous, relevant, and differentiated learning experiences.
II. Increase student achievement by providing a high quality staff at every level to meet the needs of all learners.
- Professional development
- Hiring and retention practices
- Coaching and monitoring
III. Increase student achievement through appropriate support services and initiatives.
- Parent/Community involvement
- Safe, healthy, and drug-free environment
- Teacher Support Teams
- Special education services
BMS Vision Statement
Batesville Middle School aims to provide, in partnership with parents, a quality education so that all students are able to reach their full potential through Balance, Motivation and Success.