The South Panola School District's Office of Federal Programs supports quality education, providing effective supplemental programs and services which advance federal, state, district, and school-level educational goals.
Title I, Part A - Improving Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
Individual public schools with poverty rates above 40% may use Title I funds, along with other Federal, State, and local funds, to operate a "schoolwide program" to upgrade the instructional program for the whole school. South Panola operates schoolwide programs in order to benefit a larger student population.
The purpose of these funds is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
Title I, Part A-Basic funds generally provide for:
- smaller classes or special instructional spaces
- additional teachers and aides
- opportunities for professional development for school staff
- extra time for teaching Title I students the skills they need
- a variety of supplementary teaching methods
- additional teaching materials which supplement core instruction
Title I Schoolwide Schools:
- Batesville Elementary School
- Batesville Intermediate School
- Batesville Middle School
- Batesville Jr. High School
- South Panola High School
- Pope Schools
The South Panola School Ditstrict intends to submit a Consolidated Federal Programs Application and 21st Century Community Learning Center Applicaiton. These grant applications are available for public input and review upon request.
Director of Federal Programs
209 Boothe Street, Batesville, MS